Friday, July 22, 2011

Page 105- By Elishak (Edited by me)

Chapter 1

Beckett read the entire Chapter 10 of Heat Wave sitting in the bathroom of the precinct. She could not look away for a single moment of reading. She could not believe that her eyes are seeing.
Then, when she finished it, she went to her home. On the road Kate called to Lanie. And when Beckett arrived to her home, Lanie was already there. They went to Beckett´s apartment.
Ok, girl. What was so important for see me at this hour?
Kate show her the book
Rick Castle´s book?
Yes! Oh Lanie! I have to read something to you.
Beckett I don´t like these kind of books and you know it.
I know but this is different. Even for Castle. It´s a mystery and murder book but it has something more. Something that he never wrote before.
And what is that?
Love, passion and sex.
And you know this is the book that is based on you? Don´t you?
Yes, and I know that this is going to sound crazy or narcissistic but why now would he write something like that and the book is based on me?
I understand your point, girl. But anyway I don´t understand what you are so excited about.
Read the chapter.
Ok.
In aloud voice, Lanie.
Well… "Nikki led him wordlessly into her bedroom and set the candle on her dresser, in front of the trifold mirror, which multiplied its light. She turned to find Rook there, close to her, magnetic." I think that I am going to buy this book.
Came on, read it.(Kate walks to the room)
"She folded her arms around his neck and drew his mouth to hers; he wrapped his long arms around her waist and tugged her body to him. Their kisses were deep and urgent, familiar all at once, her tongue finding the depth and sweetness of his open mouth while he explored hers." Oh my god, girl! If Castle was thinking of you when wrote this…
Lanie, continue! (Kate is blushing)
"One of his hands began to reach for her blouse but hesitated. She clutched it and placed it on her breast. The heat of the room was tropical, and as he touched her, Nikki felt his fingers ride the slick of perspiration above the dampness of her bra. She lowered her hand and found him and he moaned softly. Nikki began to sway, then he did, too, both was doing a slow dance in some sort of delicious vertigo." Castle is a genius with words and the passion. I am already wet!
You are disgusting!
If you are not so quick to catch him I'll take him first. This is a man with all the letters!
Read, Lanie.
"Rook walked her backward toward her bed. When her calves met the edge of it, she let herself do a slow fall back, pulling him with her. As they both floated down, Heat pulled him closer and twisted, surprising Rook by landing on top of him. He looked up at her from the mattress and said, "You're good." "You have no idea," she said." Oh Beckett! This expression is so you. He really is writing about you two.
Then we'll talk about it. Read!
"They dove into each other again, and her tongue picked up the faint acid tang of lime and then salt. Her mouth left his to kiss his face and then his ear. She felt the muscles of his abdomen flex hard against her as he curled his head upward, nibbling the soft flesh where her neck met her collarbone. Nikki stirred and began to unbutton his shirt. Rook was making a project out of her blouse button so she rose up, straddled him on both knees and ripped the blouse open, hearing one of her buttons skitter against the hardwood floor near the baseboard. With one hand, Rook unhooked the front clasp of her bra. Nikki shook her arms out of it and made a frenzied dive onto him. Their wet skin made a slap as her chest landed on his. She reached down and unhooked his belt. Then undid his zipper. Nikki kissed him again and whispered, "I keep protection in the nightstand." "You won't need a gun," he said. "I'll be a perfect gentleman." "You'd better not." And she pounced on him, her heart pounding high in her chest with excitement and tension. A wave crashed over Nikki and washed away all the conflicted feelings and misgivings she had been wrestling with, and she was simply, mightily, powerfully swept up. In that instant, Nikki became free. Free of responsibility. Free of control. Free of herself. Swirling, she clung to Rook, needing to feel every part of him she could touch. They held on with a fury, his passion matching hers as they explored each other, moving, biting, hungry, reaching and reaching to satisfy what they ached for." I can´t breathe. Castle is awe-inspiring, and passionate, and he is… he is…
I know... Lanie this book is too much to me. Nikki is me, and I am Nikki.
And Rook is Castle, and Castle is Rook.
I can´t believe that Castle actually had been writing something like that. I mean… Do you think that this can be an eye-opener for me?
I think it is. He wrote this because he knew you were going to read it. So what are you going to do?
Nothing! I mean, what can I do? Maybe I am wrong…
No. You are not wrong, Kate. It's obvious. He feels something for you, something big, passionate, and important. He loves you. And he shares that with everybody in a book. I didn´t read the entire book but for this I think that this book here is a big confession of his love for you. This book might be your own story in other words.
(Kate dropped a few tears) I don´t know what to think about it. It´s something new for me, something unimaginable.
Why? You love him too. You can´t refuse it to me. Kate don´t let him go. Castle can be a child and  that we know, but he is a great man and the best man for you.
I…
I am not saying that tomorrow you two have sex like the book; I mean, you can, but change your attitude with him first. Demonstrate  your feelings to him.
I am going to try. Really. I know that Castle is such a good man.
Ok. See you tomorrow.
Lanie went to the door.
Oh! Dear, when you finish the book…
No! My books are my treasure.
Your Castle´s books.
All my books.
But all you books are from him.
Shut up! I am going to buy one for you, and Castle can sign it.
Oh yes! Good night girl! Don´t read  the sex part again because you are going to have an orgasm.
I think that you spend too much time with Ryan and Esposito. Bye Lanie!
Kate closed the door and smiled. Then returned to the book and continued reading it.
______________________________________________________________________
Chapter 2

THE PRECINCT
The next day, Beckett went to the precinct very late. She only wanted avoid Castle. Having read the sex scene between Nikki and Rook, Kate felt strange, even uncomfortable with Castle. But he was already there.
Hey, Beckett! What happened to you? Did you have a hard night? I made you coffee. I have to talk to you…
I don´t want coffee. So, is there something new on the case?
Well…
I didn´t ask you, Castle... Ryan? Esposito?
Castle found something but…
Castle didn´t understand what was happening with her. He felt bad but tried again.
Allow me to explain to you.
No!
No? What is going on with you Beckett?
Nothing!
Did I do something wrong?
No.
So…?
Ryan made a motion with his head to Esposito. And then they left.
So, what?
Something is going on with you. You look strange.
Everything is okay, Castle.
She looked at the coffee and felt sad for him. She took the cup. He smiled.
It's how you like it!
Thanks!
Kate… Are you mad at me because I followed you to the bathroom yesterday? I´m sorry about that. I just wanted to know if you read my book. There is nothing wrong if you want to talk about it.
I know that. I am not mad with you. And I read the entire book.
And what do you think about it?
I like it!
Really?
Yes, the book is actually amazing!
You made my day with that, Beckett. Because I didn´t mind the press opinion as much as I care about yours. And tell me more… What do you think about Nikki? Is she like you?
Well, Nikki is awesome like me!
Very funny!
Nikki is a great character, Castle. We are not the same person, but Nikki is a bit like me and I am a bit like her. And what about Rook?
Rook is awesome like me!
She smiled.
Is Rook like you, Castle?
We are the same wonderful person.
They looked at each other as if they were thinking the same thing. She felt nervous so change the subject.
So, Castle… Tell me about the case.
Yes, the case. I think that the murderer was the best friend, Lily.
Why…?... Of course! She is the perfect murderer. Nobody was going to think of her.
Exactly!
If she is the murderer … Why I did not realize it before?
Because… she never was in the list. She is so nice, so kind…
Yes, so pretender... I hate admit this, but you are very essential for the NYPD, Castle.
And for you?
You help to me in all the cases... Well, come on, Castle. Let´s go right now to Lily´s house.
Kate rose from the chair and took her coat. Castle took her arm in his own.
Wait!
What happened?
I am not going to go with you. There is something that I have to tell you.
What is that?
Today is my last day with the NYPD.
Kate did not react. He was serious.
Is this a joke, Castle?
No. I am not a cop, Beckett. I enjoy a lot being with you, working together, but this not can be forever. I am a writer. And a new company of books offered to me a great job, in London.
So… you are going to go to London! I am glad for you, Castle!
Kate wanted to run away. She was really upset. Castle's eyes were filled with tears.
I would help to you to solve cases my entire life if I want but I can´t do that.
I know. It´s ok!
I am going to miss the NYPD. And I am going to miss you, Beckett.
The precinct is going to miss you.
I know… So…
Well… I have to go. This is a good bye I suppose!
Yes… I mean…
I know! Good luck, Castle!
She kissed him on the cheek and left the precinct. Ryan and Esposito came back to Castle.
Why you didn´t tell her?
I don´t know what you are talking about, Ryan!
Come on, Castle! You have feelings for her.
I… I am going to go to my home. See you boys!
Castle left. Esposito´s phone rang.
Esposito! … Lanie? What happened? Why is she crying? We go over there right now..
They left the precinct.
                                    ____________
CASTLE´S HOME
Castle arrived at his house. Alexis and Martha were playing the violin.
Hey dad! What happened?
My dear, you look sad!
Hug me, please!
Martha and Alexis hugged him.
You told Beckett about the new job, didn´t you dad?
Yes, I did.
I told you that this job is not a good idea! Son you love being in the NYPD. And also you love…
I know it, mother! But I thought that whentold her about the job and me going to London she was going to be happy. 
And she wasn't happy.
No! I mean… she looked sad but she said me "good luck" and ran away.
She is going to miss you, Dad!
Of course she did, Kiddo! But Kate is a strong woman, she doesn't cry in front of others.
I could use another hug!
                              __________ 
TIMES SQUARE
Beckett was sitting on a bench with Lanie holding her. Ryan and Esposito arrived.
What is happening, Beckett?
Shh boys! She feels very bad. I called you because you should work alone on the case. She can´t do it.
Ok. Take care of her, Lanie! We gotta go to Lily´s house.
Thanks guys!
They left.
So dear, talk to me! You look so happy last night and now…
He left the NYPD.
Who? Castle?
Yes.
Why?
He got a new job, in London.
London? It is so far from here. What did you say to him?
"Good luck". "I am glad for you".
What did he say?
He said that he is going to miss me.
Oh Sweetie!
Lanie… I can´t live without him
Why you didn´t tell that to him?
I couldn´t do it.
You must to go to his house now! Kate, you can´t let him go!
                                    __________
LATER, AT CASTLE´S HOME
Castle was lying on the couch thinking on his new job and the travel to London. Alexis was studying in her bedroom and Martha was reading a play. Someone knocked at the door. Martha opened it. It was Kate.
Darling! I am glad to see you!
Me too, Martha! Is Castle here?
He is lying on the couch. Look for him. I have to go to… to see if Alexis need something. See you, dear.
See you, Martha.
Martha went up stairs.
Kate looked for Castle. He was almost sleeping. She looked at him and then she sat on the end of the couch. He opened his eyes and when he saw her, he sat on the couch.
Beckett! What are you doing here?
I´m… I am here because I want to ask you two things.
I didn´t steal your picture of your drawer.
What? You stole my picture of my drawer?
What do you want to ask me?
Well… first, out of curiosity. Did you write the sex scene thinking on us or thinking exclusively on Nikki and Rook?
What do you care?
Please, Castle! Tell me!
I wrote the sex scene thinking exclusively on you!
Really?
Really. Heat Wave never was a book for the people. Actually, it never was a book. It was an excuse for me to see you and then a book. Heat Wave is our story, Beckett. At least, my story about us.
She bit her lip.
What is the other question?
What?
You said that you want to ask me two things.
Oh, yes! … This is not a question, is a request.
Tell me!
I never was selfish, but now I am going to be.
I hear you!
Please do not go to London. Stay with the NYPD. We need you. You are…
No, Beckett. If I stay I need a better reason than that.
Stay with me. I need you. You are important to me. Is that a good reason?
Is the best reason! Now, a kiss!
What?
Please! A tiny kiss!
She kissed him over his lips slowly. He smiled and then hugged her. She smiled.
You know Beckett there is something that I didn´t tell you.
What is that?
I could never have left you. I never accepted the job.
What? You are such a traitor, Castle.
I don´t care. You kiss me. I´m happy!
She pulled his ear at the same time that she kissed him again.
Ouch, ouch… you hurt me!
I am happy too, Castle!
The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment